Important notes and policies that you should know before trekking with HT:
- From 2010 , we are arranging and running treks professionally, and more important safely as a trekking ONLY Tour Operator. We harness and love to arrange wide spectrum of treks, not just the popular ones.
- Maximum Group Size for scheduled Fixed Departure treks are as following:
- EASY treks: Up to 15 members only
- MODERATE treks: Up to 15 members only.
- DIFFICULT treks: Up to 10 members only.
- Accommodation type and sharing: We provide triple sharing tents as per itinerary (for some treks we have twin occupancy in tents, check the respective trek page’s COST INCLUSIONS). Regarding the lodge accommodation at trek base/end point/tea house treks (wherever applicable as per itinerary) the rooms are triple or quad sharing basis, dormitory type. Women and men are given separate tent/rooms in the scheduled fixed departure treks.
- We don’t cancel our treks due to not having sufficient members to run. We operate as scheduled once we accepted your “Booking Deposit” for a scheduled date.
- We don’t send TREK LEAD for any of our trek but experienced and competent local trekking guide(s). In case of Trekking Expeditions we send qualified and experienced technical local mountain guide(s).
- Your clothing, trekking shoes, rucksack are personal items and we don’t rent these during treks.
TREK FEE, discounts and rewards:
The listed TREK FEE on website essentially includes everything you require once you reach Trek Base to the Trek End point including accommodations, all meals (nutritious vegetarian meals and occasional eggs), tents, sleeping bags and mattresses, Kitchen & Dinning tents (apart from few exceptions), toilet tents, Ice axe, rope, gaiters, micro spikes/anti slip grip wherever we feel required. Also TREK FEE covers travel insurance cum high altitude accidental coverage, if you are Indian.
- We assure you Best value for money as contrary to best rate. Simply you get best what you pay for.
- Group Discount of 10% for 5 or more persons on TREK FEE in any of the scheduled Fixed Departure treks.
- If you are returning trekker with us, we value you with Loyalty Reward.
- Payment options: At present we accept Online transfer/Net-banking/IMPS to our State Bank of India current account. Foreign bank account holders can wire/online transfer to our SWIFT Code enable State Bank of India account or any other comfortable fund transfer means.
Your SAFETY during trek:
Any responsible trek organiser gives this some or more priority. An adventure tour like trekking is inherently risky due to certain elements. We try to provide safest possible tour within budget or economy category. This is how we implement:
- Higher number of experienced support staff is the key that we can ensure you a safer trek with us. It is easy to understand, without sufficient support staff it is not easy to evacuate a person or a full team in emergency conditions. Our Trekkers to Guide ratio is 8:1 for Easy and Moderate treks; 5:1 for Difficult grade treks. As we move in running camp mode (not the prefixed ones), so it gives more flexibility on the fly. We maintain a very health 2:1 ratio of trekkers to support staff (probably 1: 1 or even higher for porter only treks). We firmly assert that our local support staff are our primary asset and helps you in a safe and enjoyable trek. Also we do carry basic medicine/first-aid kit, portable oxygen cylinder(s), pulse oximeter.
- You are by default entitled to get your Travel insurance cum high altitude adventure trip accidental coverage with us. This is applicable for Indians who are up to 60 years of age and included in the TREK FEE for scheduled fixed departure treks.
Which is the BEST trek for you?
We operate in around 40 different trekking routes. In addition to this we have carefully selected the routes which cover different geographic regions, terrain, varying trek grade/physicality to a great extent. Time to time this schedule will be updated with additional dates and routes for which a particular trek is suitable.
The BEST trek option for you depends on various factors including but not limited to your:
- Preferred trekking window (the season/month),
- Prior trekking experience (if any),
- Current physical condition and any other specific preference(s).
As an example if you are searching for your first trek and have basic general fitness then you should check these easy grade Himalayan treks.
Or you have prior high altitude experience (say by car to Rohtang or Leh Ladakh or Nathu La type altitude) and continuing a regular fitness programme then you may consider these moderate grade Himalayan treks.
Do remember the above is case to case. We emphasise that you know your trek(s) thoroughly from us, before taking a well informed decision.