Important notes, facts and policies for your attention (before trekking with HT):
- Starting from 2010, we are arranging safe and professionally managed trekking tours in India. Primarily we are a Trekking Tour Operator with an expertise to design customised tailor made itineraries along with fixed group departures. We harness and love to arrange a wide spectrum of treks in Indian Himalayas, not just the most popular trails. Occasionally we also arrange Jeep safaris, car sightseeing including homestay bookings.
- Maximum Group Size for scheduled Fixed Departure treks are as following:
- Easy grade treks: Up to 15 members only.
- Moderate grade treks: Up to 15 members only.
- Difficult grade or hard treks: Up to 10 members only.
- Accommodation type and sharing: We provide twin sharing spacious tents as per itinerary. Regarding the lodge accommodation at trek base/end point/tea house treks (wherever applicable as per itinerary) the rooms are triple or quad sharing basis, dormitory type. Women and men are given separate tent/rooms in the scheduled fixed departure treks.
- Meals: Stapled vegetarian balanced food with occasional eggs. On a regular days, it usually a breakfast, lunch (packed or hot), light refreshments in the evening and dinner. Meals are typically Indian style with regional variance. It is possible to customise meals in private tours.
- We don’t cancel our scheduled Fixed Departure treks due to insufficient members. We operate as scheduled once we accepted your “Booking Deposit” for a scheduled date. Also understand that a scheduled trek may not be possible to run in case if unforeseen incidents but not limited to inclement nature, sudden revoke of permits by concerned authorities, political unrest etc.
- We don’t send a Trek Lead for any of our trek but experienced and competent professional local trekking guide(s). In case of Trekking Expeditions, we send qualified and experienced technical local mountain guide(s).
- Your clothing, trekking shoes, rucksack are personal items and we don’t rent these during treks.
TREK FEE, discounts and rewards:
The listed TREK FEE on the website is applicable for our scheduled fixed group departure on published date.
TREK FEE essentially includes everything you require once you reach Trek Base to the Trek End point including accommodations, all meals (apart from few exceptions like Manali, Yuksom or Joshimath trek base), tents, sleeping bags and mattresses, Kitchen & Dinning tents (apart from few exceptions), toilet tents, Ice axe, rope, gaiters, micro spikes/anti slip grip wherever we feel required. Additionally for Indians, TREK FEE includes travel cum accidental insurance covering the website itinerary.
Note: TREK FEE doesn’t include transportation cost to reach the trek base and return. You may reach independently or usually we arrange a car and trekkers pay to driver, sharing equally.
- We assure you best value for money as contrary to best rate. Simply, you get best out of w
- Group Discount of 10% for 5 or more persons on TREK FEE , if you booking in any of the group Fixed Departure treks.
- If you are returning trekker with us, we value you with Loyalty Reward.
- Payment options: At present we accept Indian Net-banking/UPI to our State Bank of India account. For overseas bank account holders, we process SWIFT/PayPal or any other suitable online transfer option.
Your SAFETY during trek:
Any responsible trek organiser gives this some or more priority. An adventure tour like trekking is inherently risky due to certain elements. We try to provide safest possible tour within budget or economy category. This is how we implement:
- Higher number of experienced support staff is the key that we can ensure you a safer trek with us. It is easy to understand, without sufficient support staff it is not easy to evacuate a person or a full team in emergency conditions. Our Trekkers to Trek Guide ratio is 8:1 for Easy and Moderate treks; 5:1 for Difficult grade treks. As we move in running camp mode (not the prefixed ones), so it gives more flexibility on the fly. We maintain a very health 2:1 ratio of trekkers to support staff (probably 1: 1 or even higher for porter only treks). We firmly assert that our local support staff are our primary asset and helps you in a safe and enjoyable trek. Also we do carry basic medicine/first-aid kit, portable oxygen cylinder(s), pulse oximeter where it matters.
- You are by default entitled to get your Travel insurance cum high altitude adventure trip accidental coverage with us. This is applicable for Indians who are up to 60 years of age and included in the TREK FEE for scheduled fixed departure treks.
Which is the BEST trek for you?
We operate in around 50 different trekking routes. In addition to this we have carefully selected the routes which cover different geographic regions, terrain, varying trek grade/physicality to a great extent. Time to time this schedule will be updated with additional dates and routes for which a particular trek is suitable.
The BEST trek option for you depends on various factors including but not limited to your:
- Preferred trekking window (the season/month),
- Prior trekking experience (if any),
- Current physical condition and any other specific preference(s).
As an example if you are searching for your first trek and have basic general fitness then you should check these easy grade Himalayan treks.
Or you have prior high altitude experience (say by car to Rohtang or Leh Ladakh or Nathu La type altitude) and continuing a regular fitness programme then you may consider these moderate grade Himalayan treks.
Likewise if you are keen in winter snow treks, don’t forget to check the best winter treks in India or alternate and offbeat new winter treks.
Do remember the above is case to case. We emphasise that you know your trek(s) thoroughly from us, before taking a well informed decision.