Check this list for your choice of “moderate grade” treks in the Himalayas.
We consider the following attributes to classify a trek as ‘Moderate trek.”
- Trekking Duration: Should be between 5 to 8 days of walking.
- Trail Length: Within 80 Km.
- Trekking time per day: On an average 6/7 hours per day. There can be a day of 4/5 hours walk and an odd day with 8/10 hours.
- Physicality: Up to 6 to 7.5/10 in relative scale
- Maximum altitude: Within 16500 ft/5000 m.
- Altitude gain per day: Up to 3500 ft/1200 m per day on a strenuous day.
- Trail type: Defined trail with occasional surprises. May require you the adapt or manoeuvre on tricky sections. The trail may contain walking on different type of terrains like boulders, scree, mud, snow, ice, moraine etc.