About Satopanth Tal Trek: The mythical lake trek route to Satopanth Tal encompasses the flavor of high altitude feature, walking on boulder, moraine, glacier and knife edge ridge are enthralling. Captivating peak views are hard to believe. This triangular shaped glacial lake lies above 15000 ft, hidden inside the ridge believed to be the “the road to truth” (Satya Ki Pantha) . The Panch Pandavas of epic Mahabharata took this difficult trail to try to reach the heaven. At different places on the trail, the legends still live, and the names bear the resemblance of the myth. Towering Chowkhamba ridge looms over the lake along with the Neelkanth, Balakun, Parvati and other peaks. Many people believe that the Trimoortis, Brahma, Vishnu and Maheshswar, take bathe in the lake in an auspicious day. Adventurous local people and Sadhus visit this lake in the monsoon for pilgrimage.
Day 1: Drive from Haridwar to Badrinath – 310 Km – 12/12 hrs – Night accommodation at Badrinath
Day 2: Acclimatisation around Badrinath – Visit temple/walk towards Mana village, Charan paduka etc.
Day 3: Trek to Laxmivan – 9 Km – 6 hours
Day 4: Trek to Chakratertha – 11 Km – 6 hours
Day 5: Trek to Satopanth Tal – 5 Km – 3/4 hours – In the afternoon maybe a walk towards Swargarohini area
Day 6: Trek from Satopant Tal to Bandhar – 14 Km – 6/7 hours
Day 7: Trek to Badrinath – 11 Km – Night stay at Badrinath
Day 8: Drive back to Haridwar – 310 Km – 12 hours
Duration: 6 days of trekking;Haridwar to Haridwar in 8 days.
Highest Point: Satopanth Tal ~ 4600m/15100 ft
Length: 60 Km
Seasons: Mid of May to June & September – October
Further Option: Explore the surrounding Swargarohini glacier area
Access to Badrinath (The trek base): Haridwar is well connected by train from Delhi and Kolkata. Frequent regular and Volvo bus service from Delhi Kashimiri Gate ISBT.
To reach the trek base Badrinath you need to reach Haridwar by your own arrangements.
We will arrange a pickup from Haridwar to Badrinath and back. The cost will be shared equally by the team members and is approximately around 7000 Rs one side in a Jeep (Mahindra Maxx, Sumo). One such Jeep is comfortable for 6-8 persons.
If you want to reach and return from Badrinath by public vehicle then:
1) Take early morning bus service from Haridwar to directly Badrinath or till Joshimath. Direct buses leave by 5 am. The state operated Bus terminus (referred as Roadways) is just opposite to the Haridwar railway station. Privately operated buses start just 2 minutes walking from here. In the summer during Char Dham Yatra, buses are packed. It takes 11/12 hours to reach Joshimath. Look for a shared Jeep service or book a car till Badrinath. It may take up to 14 hours.
2) From Badrinath early in the morning board the direct bus for Haridwar/Rishikesh. It will take 12 hours. From Rishikesh, it is only 25 Km journey to Haridwar by frequent bus service.
There are direct trains from Kolkata to Haridwar.
KUMBHA EXPRESS – Train No. – 12369 ( Very good option to reach Haridwar by 5 pm; Spend the night in Haridwar and start your onward journey by car next morning)
UPASANA EXPRESS – Train No. – 12327 ( Very good option to reach Haridwar by 5 pm; Spend the night in Haridwar and start your onward journey by car next morning)
DOON EXPRESS – Train No. – 13009 (Don’t book this train when you plan a long onward journey immediately in the morning)]
Avoid booking wait listed (WL) tickets in AC classes (1A/2A/3A) or Chair Car (CC). Book Sleeper class (SL)/Second Sitting class (2S) tickets which have normally more seats/berth and hence much better chance to get confirmed.
Following trains are good to reach Haridwar and run daily.
DDN JANSHTBDI – Train No. 12055 (Arrives HW in the evening @ 7:30 pm, good choice when you stay the night in Haridwar and have a long drive ahead next day)
NANDA DEVI EXP – Train No. 12205 (arrives HW early morning @ 4am)
UTKAL EXPRESS – Train No. 18477 (arrives HW in the night @ 9pm)
MUSSOORIE EXP – Train No. 14041 (arrives HW in the morning @ 5:45am)
Always avoid booking waitlisted (WL) tickets in AC classes (1A/2A/3A) or Chair Car (CC). Book Sleeper class (SL)/Second Sitting class (2S) tickets which have normally more seats/berth and hence much better chance to get confirmed.
Govt. Road Transport (Roadways of Uttarakhand, Uttar Pradesh, Delhi, Haryana, Punjab etc.) buses are frequently available in day time and night from Kashmiri Gate ISBT (http://www.delhi.gov.in/wps/wcm/connect/doit_transport/Transport/Home/ISBT/Fare+Chart). Tickets are available on board for these regular type buses. From Delhi Airport or Station you can reach ISBT Kashmiri Gate via Delhi Metro service (http://www.delhimetrorail.com/metro-fares.aspx). It is only 4 Km from NDLS and can be reached easily by booking an auto rickshaw.
For privately operated bus, you can book online from different portals (http://www.redbus.in). Select a boarding point suitably. Overnight Volvo/A.C/Push back bus service.
For night stay in Haridwar:
Trekkers reaching on the previous day before the journey to the actual trek base need to stay the night in Haridwar. There are several options in Haridwar for spending a night while staying in Premium, Standard or Budget accommodation. Options vary from Privately operated Hotels/Lodges, to State run Tourist rest House and Dharamshalas.
State run GMVN (Garhwal Mandal Vikas Nigam) operates Hotel Rahi just beside the Bus Stand and opposite to the Haridwar Railway Station. This is a reliable and a decent choice for Standard accommodation.
Check the following for online booking of the above: http://www.gmvnl.com/newgmvn/tour/booktrh.asp
You can call or visit GMVN nearest office or even send an email for more information.The information is available at:
Normally you reach Haridwar from any trek base by 7/8 pm in the evening. You can take any train after 9 pm or regular bus service as mentioned above to reach Delhi or directly to your homeward journey in the same night.
8.30 AM – 9.30 AM: Transportation
- Maecenas massa. Fermentum. Pretium vitae tempus sem enim enim.
- Tempus, leo, taciti augue aliquam hendrerit.
- Accumsan pharetra eros justo augue posuere felis elit cras montes fames. Vulputate dictumst egestas etiam dictum varius.
9.30 AM – 11.00 AM: Training
11.00 AM – 2.00 PM: Surfing
2 PM – 2.30 PM: Meals
2.30 PM – 4.30 PM: Surfing
4.30 PM – 5.30 PM: Surfing
5.30 PM – 6.30 PM: Return
TREK COST: 12500 (INR) per person (Badrinath to Badrinath) + 3.63% Service Tax
Book for 3-4 persons and get a discount of 5% and for 5 or more persons get flat 10% Group Discount
Two nights stay at Badrinath (Day 1 & Day 7) on sharing basis and dinner.
The Trek Fee
All meals during the trek. Regular Indian style nutritious vegetarian food during the trek (including eggs), breakfast packed/hot lunch (depending upon the time you reach a campsite), snacks, dinner along with coffee/tea/soup.
Excellent Mountain Guide, who will be a local to this particular area and has profound knowledge of the trekking trails around.
Specialised Cook, Support staffs, Porters/Packed Animals for carrying the central logistics of the trek.
Permit Fee for Singalila National Park.
Sleeping Mattress and Sleeping Bag (Bring your own sleeping bag for hygienic reason, if you have a high altitude specific Sleeping Bag)
Transportation from Haridwar to Badrinath and back
We assume that you will carry your personal Rucksack/Backpack with all your personal belongings. If you want to offload your Rucksack and carried by our Pack Animal/Porter then you need to pay additional Rs 2000 for the entire duration of the trek. The Rucksack should not weigh more than 10 Kg
Any tip/gratuity to the HT supports staffs.
Any kind of insurance during the trek or transit.
Anything is is NOT mentioned in the “Inclusions” or personal in nature.
To Customise this trek Click here
- We assume that you have read and understood the “Terms & Conditions” before any payment.
- To book for a Fixed Departure or Customised Trek you need to pay 25% of the Trek Cost as the initial “Booking Amount”. You can pay by Online Transfer/Draft. This will ensure your participation in the desired trek. You need to pay the remaining amount at a later stage.
- “Booking Amount” i.e. 25% of the Trek Cost is Non-Refundable at any stage.
- If you cancel a trek before 15 days, we will refund 75% of the Trek Cost.
- If you cancel a trek before 14 days to 7 days, we will refund 50% of the Trek Cost.
- If you cancel a trek before 6 to 1 days there will be NO REFUND.
- In case of any unforeseen incident including but not limited to natural calamities like flood, earthquake, landslide, forest fire or any political unrest, if we are compelled to cancel the trek/trip, you will be entitled to redeem the full amount for the same/similar kind of trek/trip within next one year.