Kashmir Great Lakes Trek:
This relatively new trek has become increasingly popular and one of the most coveted trek during monsoon. Kashmir- “The paradise on earth” is truly unfurled during this 7 days walk covering a distance of 65 Km. Several high altitude lakes and alpine meadows dotted with tiny wild flowers makes this journey a fascinating one.
Day 1: Drive from Srinagar to Shutkari (Trek base 2 Km before Sonamarg) – 85 Km – 3 hours
Day 2: Trek to Nichnai – 11 Km – 7/8 hours
Day 3: Trek to Vishansar Lake – 12 Km – 6/7 hours
Day 4: Rest and active acclimatisation Day. Hike to Kishansar lake and back – 2 hours.
Day 5: Trek to Gadsar (near Army camp) – 14 Km – 7/8 hours
Day 6: Trek to Myangandhop via Satsar – 10 Km – 5/6 hours
Day 7: Trek to Nundkul lake (near Gangabal lake) – 8 Km – 5/6 hours – visit Gangabal lake and return – 2 hours
Day 8: Trek to Naranag – 11 Km – 5/6 hours – 70 Km drive to Srinagar – 3 hours
*** You need to reach latest by 2 pm on Day 1 in Srinagar. After the trek you will return to Srinagar on Day 8, by 7 pm. Arrange your tickets, and stay in Srinagar accordingly***
Click here to view the List of Things to carry in Kashmir Great Lakes trek
Duration: 7 days of trek; Srinagar to Srinagar in 8 days.
Highest Point: Gadsar Pass ~ 4200 m/13750 ft.
Length: 70 Km
Seasons: Mid July to mid September
Further Option: From Naranag drive to Sumbhol and trek to Tarsar and Marsar
Access: Trek starting point is Sonamarg, 90 Km from Srinagar
Rail station: Jammu Tawi (STN Code: JAT)
Airport:Srinagar (Code: SXR)
Upcoming scheduled dates for KGL trek:
- You can check the scheduled Fixed Departure dates in the calendar available inside Booking Form or inside REGISTER NOW form. Tour starting Dates are highlighted as per our itinerary (Day 1 of 8 days itinerary).
- At present BOOK NOW functionality is disabled. You can get all the information in your email by submitting the REGISTER NOW form.
- If you are a group of people and available dates are not matching then you may select Custom date mode (by clicking the Select your custom date) and fill in the displayed form.
- You can also check all the available dates at a glance in our TREK CALENDAR.
- Trekkers need to reach Srinagar on Day 1 by 2 pm. Return to Srinagar on Day 8 evening by 7 pm. Arrange your tickets for inward journey and return accordingly.
|DEPARTURE LOCATION||Srinagar Tourist Reception Centre (TRC)|
|REPORTING TIME||2:00 PM for a prompt departure to Sonamarg (Day 1)|
|RETURN TIME||Approximately 7:00 PM (Day 8)|
Getting to Sonamarg (The trek base):
We will arrange a car pickup from Srinagar to Sonamarg and from Naranag to Srinagar back. This will be shared equally by the availing team members.
The best option to reach Srinagar is by flight. There are direct flights from Delhi.
By train one has to reach Jammu and then a drive to Srinagar takes around 12 hours covering approximately 300 Km.
Drive to Sonamarg: 90 Km - 3 hours
Pickup from Srinagar TRC in the afternoon (between 2 to 3 PM) and reach Shutkari (~ 2300m, 7500ft) the trek base which is 2 Km before Sonamarg. The 80 odd Km drive from Srinagar takes up to 3 hours, following Sindh river on Srinagar Leh highway. The camp site is beside a tributary to Indus and located opposite to the small village called Shutkari. Tented accommodation for the night.
Trek to Nichnai: 11 Km - 7/8 hours
Trek to Vishansar via Nichnai Pass: 12 Km - 6/7 hours
Trek to Gadsar via Kishansar and Gadsar Pass: 12 Km - 7/8 hours
Trek to Myangandhop via Satsar: 10 Km - 6/7 hours
Trek to Nandkul via Zaj Pass: 10 Km - 6/7 hours
A walk to Gangabal lake plus a rest day
Trek to Naranag: 11 Km - 6/7 hours; Drive to Srinagar: 70 Km - 3 hours
P.S.: Distances and altitudes are approximate and may not be exact.
TREK FEE: ₹ 13500 (Sonamarg to Naranag) + 5% GST
Book for 3-4 persons and get a discount of 5% and for 5 or more persons get flat 10% discount on TREK FEE
All Meals ( vegetarian/egg) during the trek (breakfast, hot/packed lunch, dinner, tea/coffee/soup
Professional Guide, Cook & Helper
Porters/Packed animals to carry the central logistics
Stay as required in tents on sharing basis during the trek
Camping equipment like Sleeping bag, Carry mattress, Dining tent, Toilet tent, Gaitors, Micro spikes/Crampon
Permit fee, camping charges, forest levy as required in the trek
Basic Medical & First Aid kit
Accidental Insurance Policy covering high altitude trekking tours (For Indian nationals it is included in the TREK FEE, up to 60 years of age). It covers your trek as well as your return journey to Srinagar for a duration of 10 days.
Transportation from Srinagar to Sonamarg and from Naranag to Srinagar back (Rs 1000 per persons both ways for the pick up and drop)
We assume that you will carry your Rucksack/Backpack including all your personal belongings. If you prefer to offload your bag and carried by our horse/porter then an additional Rucksack offloading charge (Rs 2000 for the entire 7 days of trek) is to be paid
Any tip/gratuity to the HT supports staff.
Anything is is NOT mentioned in the “Inclusions” or personal in nature.
To Customise this trek Click here
- We assume that you have read and understood our “Terms & Conditions” before Booking a trek/tour.
- To reserve your place in a scheduled Fixed Departure trek or a Customised/Private trek pay 25% of the Trek/Tour Fee as the initial “Booking Deposit”. You can pay by Net banking/Draft/Cheque/Credit/Debit cards. This will ensure your participation in the desired trek and we will reserve your place in the scheduled date. You need to pay the remaining amount at least 15 days before Trek Starting Date.
- If you book a Trek/Tour before 14 days or less from Trek/Tour Starting Date, you need to pay the full Trek/Tour Fee.
- “Booking Amount” i.e. 25% of the Trek/Tour Fee is Non-Refundable at any stage.
- If in case you are not able to make it due to unavoidable reason(s), we provide you a very flexible choice of Shifting to another trek within next one year. One year is counted from the starting date of the trek/tour you booked initially with us.
- In case you postpone your trip you need to inform minimum of 15 days before the trek/tour starting date. (Though we suggest to inform us earlier if known)
- In case you postpone a trek/tour before 15 days of the scheduled Trek/Tour Starting date or prior, you may shift to another group of the same trek/tour scheduled in the same season or within next one year. You may shift to another suitable route also. For changing any, you need our approval first. Your request must be in written communication through your registered email with us.
- If you cancel/postpone a trek/tour from 14 days to 8 days before tour starting date, your Booking Amount is Non-Refundable. We will not take any request of shifting dates. We will charge 50% of the amount as Cancellation Charges and process refund of remaining 50%. You may also shift to another group within next year but 25% Booking Amount will be deemed as Cancellation Charge and the rest amount will be transferred to the shifted group.
- If you cancel a trek/tour 7 days (i.e. a week) before Trek/Tour Starting Date or later, there will be NO REFUND.
- In case of any unforeseen incident including but not limited to natural calamities like flood, earthquake, landslide, forest fire or any political unrest, if we are compelled to cancel the trek/trip, you will be entitled to redeem the full amount for the same/similar kind of trek/trip within next one year.
If you need more clarifications write in to [email protected]