We, Himalaya Trekkers (HT) are committed to GREEN, Eco-friendly treks. Our guiding principles are Safety, Responsibility and Affordability.
Safety: No matter, how safe a trek is considered to be, Himalayas can always spring an element of unexpected surprise. Your safety is our priority. To ensure the same, we follow these thumb rules:
- Our local guides and support team, we call “Team HT” is the best and strongest in its class. We have developed relationship over a decade and handpicked the support team. It is our continuous effort to get the best support team from the same region as the origin of the trek route.
- Being local our guides and staffs know every aspect of a chosen trail and weather pattern. They can easily garner support in case of any emergencies.
- We leverage the safety of the team members by maximising the support staff to team member ratio (~ 1:3). After all its the people ( Read NOT packed animals) who are vital when you are in need of support.
- We don’t use “Fixed Camps” as compared to many other companies. It gives us the flexibility as well as safety to group in critical conditions specially while on the move.
- Small group size in our Fixed Departure Treks. Normally the team size is between 6 to 12 members for Moderate or Difficult treks.
- We don’t compromise in quality equipment which are necessary to negotiate a trial. In special cases we used/use best in the class like (Belle/Petzl Dynamic/Fixed ropes, Camp Ice Axes, Black Diamond Crash Pad/Harnesses, Scarpa/5.10 rock climbing shoes etc.
Responsibility: We consider ourselves responsible for the upkeep of the nature and also the locals. Toward minimal impact trekking and sustainable development we reiterate “Live Green, Trek Green”. We try to organise our treks as green as possible within our capabilities and stand in harmony with the nature and symbiotic with the local economy.
- We use paper bags wherever possible and try to minimise consumption of plastics wherever possible. Plastic is a necessary evil on mountain (in Indian condition) and but we make sure that any plastic or solid waste is not dumped on the trail.
- We hire only the locals as guides and support staff. Every penny spent goes towards that region’s local economy.
- From our inception in 2010 our website is hosted on “CLEANEST HOSTING AROUND”
- We try to help local community based Non profit organisation like EDC Bhyundar ( For their outstanding effort in Solid Waste Management and Plantation) or in the education of the Himalayan Children. We request you to generously support “Himalayan Education Foundation” . If you are interested to volunteer for the school, please contact us and we will arrange the same for you.
Affordability: We don’t outsource our treks to another vendor neither we are only a front selling travel portal. We arrange and organise our treks with our own equipment and logistics. Our treks are much affordable compared to others while you compare quality. We pass the benefits of our local association to our participants.
We don’t just take you for a trek but rather give you a hang of the Himalayan Life. We prefer to blend your stay in the Himalayas with regular camping and the occasional village “Home Stays” where you get the opportunity to meet the locals and enjoy the local food if possible once during the trek.