- Difficult Treks
- Fall Treks
- More than 15 Days
- Summer Treks
- Trekking Expeditions
- Up to 2 weeks trek
Auden’s Col with Mayali Pass Trek: A journey from Gangotri to Kedarnath
Details and photos coming soon!
Auden’s Col trek – Prerequisites:
- A trekker must have completed at least 5 high altitude treks going above ~ 4500 m/15000 ft.
- A minimum of 2 Difficult grade treks reaching beyond 5000 m/16500 ft e.g. Pin Parvati Pass, Ronti Saddle, Parang La etc.
- A trekker must be in excellent physical condition along with NO prior acclimatisation issues on high altitude.
Itinerary for Auden’s Col trek:
Day 01: Drive from Dehradun to Uttarkashi – 150 km – 6/7 hours. Lodge.
Day 02: Uttarkashi to Gangotri drive – 100 Km – 4/5 hours. Lodge. Acclimatisation walk in the afternoon.
Day 03: Gangotri (active acclimatisation day).
Day 04: Trek from Gangotri to Nala camp.
Day 05: Nala Camp to Rudragaira base camp.
Day 06: Rudragaira base camp – rest day and acclimatisation.
Day 07: Rudragaira Base Camp to Base Camp Gangotri Group
Day 08: Base Camp Gangotri Group to Auden’s Col base camp.
Day 09: Auden’s Col Base Camp to Khatling glacier.
Day 10: Khatling Glacier to Waterfall Camp/Zero Point.
Day 11: Waterfall Camp/ Zero Point to Chowki.
Day 12: Chowki to Masar Tal.
Day 13: Masar Tal to Vasuki Tal over Mayali Pass.
Day 14: Vasuki Tal to Kedarnath, lodge accommodation.
Day 15: Descent from Kedarnath to Gauri Kund – 5 hours – drive to Haridwar – 230 Km – 10 hours
Day 16: Buffer/reserve day (mandatory and will be utilised if required during the trek).
- You need to reach Dehradun on Day 1 latest by 9 am. Arrange your return train/bus tickets from Haridwar on Day 16 evening after 9 pm.
- Approximate trekking distance 100 Km.
Seasons for Auden’s Col trek:
A high altitude trek like Auden’s Col trek is suitable in:
- Summer: Late May to Mid June
- Post Monsoon/Fall: September
Access to trek base (Gangotri, 250 Km from Dehradun):
Depending upon the number of trekkers we may arrange a car pickup from Dehradun to Gangotri and return from Badrinath. This will get equally divided amongst the trekkers opting. You pay directly to the driver. At present a Tata Sumo/Maxx type vehicles charge ₹ 8000 for drop from Dehradun to Gangotri. This can accommodate 5-7 persons. Similarly Gauri Kund to Haridwar is ₹ 6000. Approximately this comes around ₹ 2000 to ₹ 3000 per person (includes pick up and drop) when you share with fellow trekkers.
Alternatively if you wish to reach Gangotri on your own by public transportation then:
- There is a direct bus from Haridwar (Roadways bus stand, opposite to railway station) to Gangotri starting at 4 am. These depends on season and road conditions. Almost 300 Km tiring journey can take 13/14 hours.
- From Dehradun take morning bus at 5 am (just beside railway station) for Uttarkashi town or you can get shared vehicle/Tata Sumo. Reach Uttarkashi by latest 2 pm. There is a bus from Uttarkashi to Gangotri which starts 2/2:30 pm. Also you will get shared vehicle/Tata Sumo to Gangotri.
Download the list of things to carry in Auden’s Col trek or check here
Why treks with HT?
|Expertise:||10 years on ground experience|
|Support staff:||Experienced and technical support plus office staff|
|Group size:||Small groups up to 10|
|Insurance:||Travel and Medical insurance policy (covers illness, AMS, evacuation, accidents)|
|Easy Bookings:||25% Booking Deposit|
Duration: 12 days of trekking; Dehradun to Dehradun in 15 days. Additional one day of mandatory reserve/buffer, total 16 days.
Prerequisite: Prior multiple high altitude trekking experiences along with good physical fitness and no reported acclimatisation issues.
Grade: Difficult, often referred “Trekking Expedition”
Trail Length: 100 Km
Highest Point: Auden’s Col ~ 5460 m/ 17900 ft
Seasons: May/June (summer) and September (Post monsoon/fall)
Further Option: From Chowki you can take Gangi, Reeh to Ghuttu and reach the road head.
Access: Trek starting point (trek base) is Gangotri, 245 Km from Dehradun.
Rail station: Dehradun (Station Code: DDN)
Airport: Delhi, Jolly Grant in Dehradun (Airport Code: DED)
Upcoming scheduled dates for Kalindi Khal trek:
- You can check the scheduled Fixed Departure dates in the calendar available inside Booking Form or inside REGISTER NOW form. Tour starting Dates are highlighted as per our itinerary (Day 1 of 16 days itinerary).
- At present BOOK NOW functionality is disabled. You can get all the information in your email by submitting the REGISTER NOW form.
- If you are a group of people and available dates are not matching then you may select Custom date mode (by clicking the Select your custom date) and fill in the displayed form.
- You can also check all the available dates at a glance in our TREK CALENDAR.
- Trekkers need to reach Dehradun on Day 1 morning (latest by 9 am) or the previous night. Return to Haridwar/Dehradun on Day 16 evening (around 8/9 pm). Arrange your tickets for inward journey and return accordingly.
|DEPARTURE LOCATION||Dehradun railway station|
|REPORTING TIME||9:00 AM for a prompt departure to Uttarkashi (Day 1)|
|RETURN TIME||Approximately 9:00 PM (Day 16)|
How to reach Gangotri (The trek base):
Nearest Rail station: Dehradun (Station Code: DDN)
Nearest Airport: Delhi, Jolly Grant in Dehradun (Airport Code: DED)
Based upon your request we will arrange a pick up and drop from Dehradun to Gangotri and back. This will be shared equally by the team members on actual basis. You pay directly to the driver/transporter. The fare is Rs 7000 for a Tata Sumo/Mahindra Maxx one way. This can accommodate 6 to 8 people. A Tempo Traveller charges Rs 11000 (12-14 seat) one way. This is NOT included in TREK FEE and to be payable directly to the driver/owner.
If you wish to reach our Trek Base Sankri on your own by public transportation:
- There are 2/3 privately operated buses from Dehradun (near DDN railway station on Gandhi road) To Sankri. The 200 Km journey will take around 10/12 hours. The busses start at 5:30/6/7 am.
- While returning from Bhatwaria take the morning bus to Dehradun/Vikasnagar and reach by 7 pm.
How to reach Dehradun:
For the treks at Uttarkashi district in Garhwal , one has to reach the capital city of Uttarakhand, Dehradun, specially the trek starting from Sankri, Yamunotri etc. Haridwar, Rishikesh and Dehradun are 3 nearby cities in the area and one can move from one to another by public vehicles like bus or shared Jeeps.
For more options to reach Haridwar you can check here.
Haridwar to Dehradun: 55 Km and may take one and half to 2 hours.
Dehradun to Rishikesh: 45 Km and may take around one and a half hour.
You can fly or by train reach New Delhi as per your convenience from any part within India.
There are direct trains from Kolkata to Dehradun.
KUMBHA EXPRESS – Train No. – 12369 ( Very good option to reach Haridwar by 5 pm; You can take a bus from the terminus just opposite to the railway station referred as Roadways bus stand/ISBT and reach Dehradun in one and half hour. Spend the night in Dehradun and start your onward journey by car next morning.)
UPASANA EXPRESS – Train No. – 12327 ( Very good option to reach Dehradun directly by 5 pm; Spend the night in Haridwar and start your onward journey by car next morning)
DOON EXPRESS – Train No. – 13009 (Don’t book this train when you plan a long onward journey immediately in the morning)]
Avoid booking wait listed (WL) tickets in AC classes (1A/2A/3A) or Chair Car (CC). Book Sleeper class (SL)/Second Sitting class (2S) tickets which have normally more seats/berths and hence much better chance to get confirmed.
You can reach Dehradun easily from New Delhi by train or bus (~ 6/7 hours) and is around 260 Km.
Following trains are good to reach Haridwar and run daily.
DDN JANSHTBDI – Train No. 12055 (Arrives DDN in the evening @ 9:10 pm, good choice when you stay the night in Dehradun and have a long drive ahead next day)
NANDA DEVI EXP – Train No. 12205 (arrives DDN early morning @ 5:40 am)
Always avoid booking waitlisted (WL) tickets in AC classes (1A/2A/3A) or Chair Car (CC). Book Sleeper class (SL)/Second Sitting class (2S) tickets which have normally more seats/berth and hence much better chance to get confirmed.
Govt. Road Transport (Roadways of Uttarakhand, Uttar Pradesh, Delhi, Haryana, Punjab etc.) buses are frequently available in day time and night from Kashmiri Gate ISBT (http://www.delhi.gov.in/wps/wcm/connect/doit_transport/Transport/Home/ISBT/Fare+Chart). Tickets are available on board for these regular type buses. From Delhi Airport or Station you can reach ISBT Kashmiri Gate via Delhi Metro service (http://www.delhimetrorail.com/metro-fares.aspx). It is only 4 Km from NDLS and can be reached easily by booking an auto rickshaw.
For privately operated bus, you can book online from different portals. Select a boarding point suitably. Overnight Volvo/A.C/Push back buses are available. Normally these buses take up to 7 hours to reach Dehradun ISBT. You can book an auto rickshaw for Railway Station (5 Km away)/Hotel Drona (GMVN) or take a shared auto (Route No. 5) from ISBT.
[There are two major bus terminus in Dehradun. The buses from Delhi/Haridwar goes to the ISBT (Inter State Bus Terminus) and the other one is the Parvatiya Depot (Hill Depot, from where you can get the buses going up the hills like Uttarkashi, Barkot, Purola etc) located just beside the Railway station.
Nearest Airport Jolly Grant is 25 Km away from Dehradun. book a private taxi to reach Dehradun city. This airport is accessed from Dehradun, Haridwar and Rishikesh easily. The flights are mostly via Delhi.
For night stay in Dehradun:
Trekkers reaching on the previous day before the journey to the actual trek base need to stay the night in Dehradun. There are several options in Dehradun for spending a night while staying in Premium, Standard or Budget accommodation. Options vary from Privately operated Hotels/Lodges, to state run Tourist Rest Houses.
State run GMVN (Garhwal Mandal Vikas Nigam) operates Hotel Drona complex is 10 minutes walking from the railway Station. You can book an auto rickshaw. From ISBT it is around 5 Km. You can book an auto rickshaw to Hotel Drona (GMVN) or take a shared auto (Route No. 5) from ISBT (Inter State Bus Terminus). This is a reliable and a decent choice for Standard accommodation. The have restaurant and room service.
Check the following for online booking of the above: http://www.gmvnl.com/newgmvn/tour/booktrh.asp
You can call or visit GMVN nearest office or even send an email for more information.The information is available at:
Return from Dehradun:
Normally you reach Dehradun from any trek base by 6/7 pm in the evening. You can take any train after 9 pm or regular bus service as mentioned above to reach Delhi or directly to your homeward journey in the same night.
Access to Gangotri (The trek base): Depending upon the trek members we can arrange a pick up from Haridwar to Gangotri and back to Haridwar. This will be shared by the team members on actual basis.
Otherwise if a trekker wants to reach Sankri by public vehicle then here is how:
1)Take early moning bus from Haridwar to Uttarkashi from the Roadways/ISBT bus stand (opposite to Railway station) or a private one from G.M.O.U bus stand ( on the same main road, 2 minutes walk). This will take 7/8 hours. Change the bus to Gangotri (starts around 2 pm in the afternoon) from here, which will take 4/5 hours to cover the remaining 100 Km.
2) While returning from Gangotri take the morning bus to Uttarkashi and then then change to Haridwar/Rishikesh.
TREK FEE: ₹ 74,500 (Gangotri to Gauri kund) + 5% GST
Book for 5 persons or more and get flat 10% Group Discount on TREK FEE
One night’s accommodation at Gangotri (Day 2) and one night at Kedarnath (Day 14) in lodge on sharing basis and dinner. Uttarkashi accommodation and meals are NOT included.
All meals during the trek (starting from Day 2 lunch and ending with Day 14 dinner). Regular Indian style nutritious vegetarian food including eggs during the trek, breakfast packed/hot lunch (depending upon the time you reach a campsite), snacks, dinner along with coffee/tea/soup.
Excellent trekking guide, who will be a local to this particular area and has profound knowledge of the trekking trails around. We will provide one guide for every 5 trekkers. At least one guide will be mountaineering course(s) certified.
Specialised Cook, Support staff, High Altitude Porters (HAP) for carrying the central logistics of the trek.
Stay in tents (2/3 persons dome shaped tents) on sharing basis during the trek.
Camping equipment like Sleeping bag, Carry mattress. (Bring your own sleeping if you have a high altitude specific personal Sleeping Bag. This is always better for hygienic reasons.). Any technical equipment like static/dynamic rope, carabiners, sling, ice axe, gaiters, micro spikes/crampon etc.
Kitchen tent and toilet tent as required during the trek.
All permit fee, camping charges, forest levy required for the trek.
Processing of Inner Line Permit (ILP).
Basic Medical & First Aid kit.
Travel and Medical insurance policy (covering illness, AMS, evacuation, accidents etc) covering high altitude trekking and mountaineering up to 6500 m. (For Indian nationals it is included in the TREK FEE, up to 60 years of age). It covers your trek as well as your return journey to Dehradun.
Mandatory insurance for all support staff.
Transportation from Dehradun to Gangotri and return from Gauri Kund (₹ 3000 – 4000 per person for the pick up and drop when shared with fellow trekkers)
Accommodation and meals at Uttarkashi.
Note that offloading of rucksack is NOT permitted in this trek. You need to carry your own backpack along with all your personal belongings, sleeping bag and carry mattress (provided by HT or your personal one). This is mandatory for a difficult trek and is aiming to the safety of the trekkers.
Cost of buffer/reserve day, i.e. Day 16. If we use this during trekking, you need to pay additional ₹ 5000. This will be collected at Badrinath after the trek.
Any tip/gratuity to the HT supports staff.
Anything which is NOT mentioned in the “Inclusions” or personal in nature.
- We assume that you have read and understood our “Terms & Conditions” (https://himalayatrekker.com/terms-and-conditions) before Booking a trek/tour.
- To reserve your place in a scheduled Fixed Departure trek or a Customised/Private trek pay 25% of the TREK/TOUR FEE as the initial “Booking Deposit”. You can pay by Net banking/Draft/Cheque/Credit/Debit/AMEX cards. This will ensure your participation in the desired trek and we will reserve your place in the scheduled date. You need to pay the remaining amount at least 15 days before Trek Starting Date.
- If you book a Trek/Tour before 14 days or less from Trek/Tour Starting Date, you need to pay the full TREK/TOUR FEE.
- “Booking Amount” i.e.25% of the TREK/TOUR FEE is Non-Refundable at any stage.
- If in case you are not able to make it due to unavoidable reason(s), we provide you avery flexible choice of Shifting to another trek within next one year. One year is counted from the starting date of the trek/tour you booked initially with us.
- In case you postpone your trip you need to informminimum of 15 days before the trek/tour starting date. (Though we suggest to inform us earlier if known)
- In case you postpone a trek/tour before 15 days of the scheduled Trek/Tour Starting date or prior, you may shift to another group of the same trek/tour scheduled in the same season or within next one year. You may shift to another suitable route also. For changing any, you need our approval first. Your request must be in written communication through your registered email with us.
- If you cancel/postpone a trek/tour from 14 days to 8 days before tour starting date, your Booking Amount is Non-Refundable. We will not take any request of shifting dates. We will charge 50% of the amount as Cancellation Charges and process refund of remaining 50%. You may also shift to another group within next year but 25% Booking Amount will be deemed as Cancellation Charge and the rest amount will be transferred to the shifted group.
- If you cancel a trek/tour 7 days (i.e. a week) before Trek/Tour Starting Date or later, there will be NO REFUND.
- In case of any unforeseen incident including but not limited to natural calamities like flood, earthquake, landslide, forest fire or any political unrest, if we are compelled to cancel the trek/trip, you will be entitled to redeem the full amount for the same/similar kind of trek/trip within next one year.
If you need more clarifications write in to [email protected]