All the participant’s are required to duly fill in the below Declaration Form/Indemnity Clause on paper ( download from the given link ) and submit it to our representative at the trek base before starting of the trek.
For Minor’s (below 18 years), a separate “Letter of Authorisation” is required if their legal parent(s) are not travelling along.
Download PDF versions of Declaration & Indemnity Clause and submit the hard copy at trek base.
Declaration & Indemnity Clause
1) In recognition of the inherent risks of the activity or tour in which I will engage, I confirm that I am physically and mentally capable of participating in the activity. My participation is voluntary and I will assume financial responsibility for personal injury, accidents, illness and damage to or loss of personal property as the result of any incident or accident that may occur.
2) I understand that this release relates to all claims and liability during or after the trip resulting from a pre-existing medical condition. I have read and completed fully the Medical Forms provided by HIMALAYA TREKKERS and accept full responsibility for any omissions or errors or any non-compliance on the Medical From.
3) As it is likely that in these sorts of tours weather must be taken into account. If conditions are such that we have to change arrangements, or we can’t follow the suggested itinerary due to bad weather, we will not be able to provide any sort of refund. If there are any other circumstances including but not limited to riot, political unrest, court or administrative orders, natural or other disaster, nuclear incident, terrorist activity, and we have to cancel a tour as a result of these circumstances, we will not be able to provide any sort of refund.
4) If the behaviour of any trekker is likely to cause distress or harm to themselves, our member of staff or other team members, our local HIMALAYA TREKKERS Guide/Staff reserve the right to terminate their tour at any time and they will have to make their own arrangements; we will not be liable for any expenses incurred as a result. We will not entertain any claims arising in case such actions taken by our staff.
5) If for any reason you have to leave the tour early, you will not be entitled to any refund. We will not be liable for any expenses incurred to you as a result. However we will try with our best of capabilities to make the arrangements that you can return to the nearest trek base or to a motor able road safely. All expenses arising due to evacuation is to be paid by you.
6) In case of any injuries/illness on mountain during a tour/activity, HIMALAYA TREKKERS as a Tour operator or any of our local staff will not be responsible. We try to provide adequate human staff support (within financial constraints) on the mountains to ensure the basic safety of a trekker. The trekker/customer has to bear all the expenses which may arise in case of any medical exigency or emergency condition.
I,_______________________________________________________ (write your full name in Capital Letters) hereby declare that I have read the above form carefully and understand the same.
Participant’s Signature: ____________________
In case of Emergency
Relation with the Participant: