Ronty Saddle Trek:
This trail connects famous Roopkund and much revered Ronty Saddle to Dhauli Ganga basin in the north east direction. To distinguish, we prefer to call it as Ronty Pass and is a completely new route for descending from Ronty Saddle. The usual Ronty Saddle ends at Sutol in the Nandakini basin, tracing back to Silasamudra then then to Lata Khopri and Sutol. Here we descent from the saddle to the other side, negotiating steep rock section and boulders and then finally to the temple of Bhabisya Badri, situated on the Joshimath to Malari road.
Brief Trip Itinerary:
For more details check the DETAILED ITINERARY TAB
Day 1: Early morning start from Kathgodam and reach Lohajung. 220 Km and may take 10 hours. Night stay in lodge.
Day 2: Trek starts, trek to Didna, 10 Km 4/5 hours. Night stay at Homestay.
Day 3: Trek to Bedni Bugiyal. Camp overnight. 12 Km, 6/7 hours. Camp.
Day 4: Active Acclimatisation and height gain from Bedni Bugyal towards Bedni Top. Around 4 hours day trip.
Day 5: Trek to Baguabasa. Camp. 9 Km, 5/6 hours. Overnight in tent.
Day 6: Trek to Sila Samudra via Roopkund and Junargali Pass. 10 Km, 7/8 hours. Camp.
Day 7 : Trek to Dodang 8 Km, 5/6 hours or further 3 Km ahead to Homkund, 11 Km, 7/8 hours. Camp for the night.
Day 8: Trek to Ronty Saddle from and back to Dodang: 12 km, 8/9 hours.From Homkund Ronty Sadle is 3 Km of moderate to steep climb.
Day 9: Trek down to Latakhopri via Chandaniaghat. 16 Km, 7/8 hours.
Day 10: Trek to Sutol. 15 Km, 5/6 hours. Camp for the night. Trek ends.
Day 11: By car reach Haridwar via Sithel, and Ghat.
Day 12: Mandatory reserve/buffer day.
Access to Lohajung (Ronty Saddle trek base):
Based upon your request we will arrange a pick up and drop from Kathgodam to Lohajung and back. This will be shared equally by the team members on actual basis. You pay directly to the driver/transporter. The fare is Rs 5500 for a Tata Sumo/Mahindra Maxx one way. These can accommodate 6 to 8 people. Similarly from the trek end point Sutol a Jeep may charge Rs 6500/7000 for a drop to Haridwar. This is NOT included in any TREK FEE.
To reach the trek base independently/public transportation check the details in GETTING THERE TAB.
Duration: 10 days of trekking; Walking from Lohajung to Ronty Saddle via Roopkund and Homkund. Descend to Sutol following Nandakini valley. Kathgodam to Haridwar in 12 days.
Trail Length: 95 Km
Highest Point: Ronty Saddle ~ 5200m/17050ft ; Junargali Pass ~ 5000m/16400ft;
Prerequisite: At least 2 Himalayan treks of which one must be high altitude one (~ 4500m) involving walking on snow and negotiating rough rocky terrain.
Seasons: June (Summer/Pre monsoon) & September/October (Post Monsoon/Fall)
Access: Trek starting point (trek base) is Lohajung, 220 Km from Kathgodam.
Rail station: Kathgodam (Station Code: KGM)
Upcoming Treks to Ronty Saddle:
Currently no scheduled Fixed Departure trek
You can send a request through Enquire Now/Book Now available in the Booking Form.
|REPORTING LOCATION||Kathgodam railways station|
|REPORTING TIME||7:00 AM for a prompt departure to Lohajung (Day 1)|
|RETURN TIME||Approximately 8:00 PM (Day 12)|
How to reach Lohajung (The trek base):
Nearest Rail station: Kathgodam (Station Code: KGM)
Nearest Airport: Delhi
Based upon your request we will arrange a pick up and drop from Kathgodam to Lohajung and back. This will be shared equally by the team members on actual basis. You pay directly to the driver/transporter. The fare is Rs 5500 for a Tata Sumo/Mahindra Maxx one way. These can accommodate 6 to 8 people. Similarly from the trek end point Sutol a Jeep may charge Rs 6500/7000 for a drop to Haridwar. This is NOT included in the TREK FEE and to be payable directly to the driver/owner.
If you wish to reach our Trek Base Lohajung on your own by public transportation:
- From Kathgodam there is no direct bus or shared car service to Lohajung. Reach latest by 6 am to Haldwani (The city, 4 Km before Kathgodam) and take a shared Jeep service to Deval. This is is 25 Km before Lohajung. From Deval you may get another shared service to Lohajung or you may have to hire one.
- If you travel from Haridwar side, then reach Rishikesh on the previous night (Day 0, 25 Km from Haridwar) and board the bus for Mandoli/Lohajung at 5 am next morning. This private bus takes 12 to 14 hours to reach Lohajung. As this is a privately operated bus so may not operate during the high demand of Chardham yatra season. The route is via Devprayag, Rudraprayag, Karanprayag, Tharali and Deval. 260 Km.
- From the Trek End point Sutol you need to hire a Jeep for the nearest town Ghat. This is following the Nandakini river via Sithel and is 35 Km. From Ghat you will get bus services to Haridwar/Rishikesh in the morning latest by 6/7 am. Bus may take 10 hours to reach Haridwar which is 240 Km.
How to reach Kathgodam:
For the treks in Kumaon or in the bordering area of Garhwal, one has to reach Kathgodam/Haldwani normally. Lal Kuan is just 20 Km and Haldwani is 5 Km before Kathgodam. Bus, shared taxi and private cars are available.
You can fly or by train reach New Delhi as per your convenience from any part within India. Reach Delhi accordingly that you have enough time for transit withing Delhi.
There are direct trains from Kolkata to Kathgodam(KGM)/Lal Kuan(LKU)
BAGH EXPRESS – Train No. 13019 (ONLY book when you stay the night at Kathgodam, DON’t book this train when you plan a long onward journey immediately in the morning)]
HWH LKU EXP – Train No. 12353 – Lalkuan Express (runs only on Friday, you need to stay at Kathgodam for the night, only 20 Km away)
Avoid booking wait listed (WL) tickets in AC classes (1A/2A/3A) or Chair Car (CC). Book Sleeper class (SL)/Second Sitting class (2S) tickets which have normally more seats/berth and hence much better chance to get confirmed.
You can reach KATHGODAM/HALDWANI EASILY FROM NEW DELHI BY TRAIN OR BUS (~ 6/8 HOURS) AND IS AROUND 270 KM.
Following trains are good to reach Kathgodam and run daily.
RANIKHET EXP – Train No. 15013 (best option, runs overnight, arrives KGM early morning @ 5 am. Board from Delhi(DLI)/Old Delhi Junction station)
UTR SAMPRK K EX – Uttaranchal Sampark Kranti Express – Train No. 15035 (good option when you stay the night @ Kathgodam and travel next morning)
ANVT KGM SHT – Anand Vihar Kathgodam Shatabdi Express – Train No. 12040 (Arrives KGM in the morning @ 11:40 am, alternate choice when you stay the night in Kathgodam and travel by car next morning)
Always avoid booking wait listed (WL) tickets in AC classes (1A/2A/3A) or Chair Car (CC). Book Sleeper class (SL)/Second Sitting class (2S) tickets which have normally more seats/berth and hence much better chance to get confirmed.
Haldwani buses are more frequent than that of Kathgodam. Its easy to reach Kathgodam from Haldwani which is only 5 Km away.
Govt. Road Transport (Roadways of Uttarakhand, Uttar Pradesh, Delhi, Haryana etc) buses are frequently available in day time and night from Anand Vihar ISBT Tickets are available on board for these regular type buses. Some of the state transport companies offer online reservation for Volvo/A.C Luxury buses. Check these Govt. operated state bus services for online booking:
From Delhi Airport or Station you can reach ISBT Anand Vihar via Delhi Metro service (http://www.delhimetrorail.com/metro-fares.aspx).
For privately operated bus, you can book online from different portals (http://www.redbus.in). Select a boarding point suitably. Overnight Volvo/A.C/Push back bus service.
For night stay in Kathgodam:
Trekkers reaching on the previous day before the journey to the actual trek base need to stay the night in Kathgodam. There are few options in Kathgodam for spending a night while staying in Standard accommodation.
State run KMVN (Kumaon Mandal Vikas Nigam) operates Tourist Rest House at Kathgodam just opposite to the railway station (beside Bus stand). This is a reliable and a decent choice for Standard accommodation. Check the following for reservation of the above
There are privately run hotels/lodges near Kathgodam railway station & Haldwani Bus terminus.
Return from Kathgodam:
Normally you reach from trek base to Kathgodam by 5/6 pm in the evening. You can take any train after 7 pm or regular bus service as mentioned above to reach Delhi or directly to your homeward journey.
Start from Kathgodam and reach Lohajung
Trek to Didna
Trek to Bedni Bugiyal
Trek to Baguabasa
Trek to Sila Samudra
Trek to Dodang
Trek to Ronti Saddle
Trek to Nandaghunti Base
Trek to Shepherds camp/Kharak camp
Trek to Subhai Gaon/Bhabisya Badri temple
Rest day/Buffer day
From Joshimath by car reach Haridwar
P.S.: Distances and altitudes are approximate and may not be exact.
Trek Fee : Rs 22500 (Lohajung to Sutol)+ 9% Service Tax/GST
Book for 3 persons or more to get 5% and for 5 or more to avail 10% Group Discount on scheduled departure treks
The above Trek Fee essentially includes all the cost from Lohajung to Sutol during your trek. Details are mentioned below.
One nights accommodation at Lohajung (Day 1 ) in hotel/lodge on sharing basis.
All Meals ( vegetarian and occasional eggs) during the trek (breakfast, hot/packed lunch, dinner, tea/coffee/soup) starting from Day 1 dinner to Day 10 dinner.
Professional Guide, Cook & Supports staff.
Porters to carry the central logistics (provisions, tents, utensils, fuel etc).
Accommodation as required in tents on sharing basis during the trek.
Camping equipment like Sleeping bag, Carry mattress, Dining tent, Toilet tent, Gaiters, Micro spikes/Crampon.
Permit fee, camping charges, forest levy as required in the trek.
Basic Medical & First Aid kit.
Accidental adventure tour insurance for the scheduled departure treks.
Transportation from Kathgodam to Lohajung and return from Sutol to Haridwar.
We assume that you will carry your Rucksack/Backpack including all your personal belongings. As this is a Difficult grade and porter run trek so it is safer and economic if you carry your personal rucksack. To offload your rucksack separate charges will be applicable.
Trek Fee for the buffer/additional day (Day 11). This day is mandatory in the itinerary and if used, additional Rs 2500 per person is to be paid on spot.
Any tip/gratuity to the HT supports staff.
Anything is is NOT mentioned in the “Inclusions” or personal in nature.
- We assume that you have read and understood our “Terms & Conditions” before Booking a trek/tour.
- To reserve your place in a scheduled Fixed Departure trek or a Customised/Private trek pay 25% of the Trek/Tour Fee as the initial “Booking Deposit”. You can pay by Net banking/Draft/Cheque/Credit/Debit/AMEX cards. This will ensure your participation in the desired trek and we will reserve your place in the scheduled date. You need to pay the remaining amount at least 15 days before Trek Starting Date.
- If you book a Trek/Tour before 14 days or less from Trek/Tour Starting Date, you need to pay the full Trek/Tour Fee.
- “Booking Amount” i.e. 25% of the Trek/Tour Fee is Non-Refundable at any stage.
- If in case you are not able to make it due to unavoidable reason(s), we provide you a very flexible choice of Shifting to another trek within next one year. One year is counted from the starting date of the trek/tour you booked initially with us.
- In case you postpone your trip you need to informminimum of 15 days before the trek/tour starting date. (Though we suggest to inform us earlier if known)
- In case you postpone a trek/tour before 15 days of the scheduled Trek/Tour Starting date or prior, you may shift to another group of the same trek/tour scheduled in the same season or within next one year. You may shift to another suitable route also. For changing any, you need our approval first. Your request must be in written communication through your registered email with us.
- If you cancel/postpone a trek/tour from14 days to 8 days before tour starting date, your Booking Amount is Non-Refundable. We will not take any request of shifting dates. We will charge 50% of the amount as Cancellation Charges and process refund of remaining 50%. You may also shift to another group within next year but 25% Booking Amount will be deemed as Cancellation Charge and the rest amount will be transferred to the shifted group.
- If you cancel a trek/tour 7 days (i.e. a week) before Trek/Tour Starting Date or later, there will be NO REFUND.
- In case of any unforeseen incident including but not limited to natural calamities like flood, earthquake, landslide, forest fire or any political unrest, if we are compelled to cancel the trek/trip, you will be entitled to redeem the full amount for the same/similar kind of trek/trip within next one year.
If you need more clarifications write in to [email protected]